Paradiso (Barcelona) and Salmon Guru (Madrid) are the two Spanish bars that appear this year in the prestigious World 50 Best Bars ranking, which was released last night in London. After two years of drought, the cocktail bar of our country returns to the top, and does so with two bars that enter the ranking for the first timeDirect to the Palate This is how the Holy Trinity of bitter cocktails is prepared: American, Negroni and Boulevardier
The list, which is already a decade old, is drawn up by more than 500 cocktail experts from around the world, between journalists, bartenders and fans.
At the top of the table, this year the Dandelyan from London has taken first place at American bar from the Savoy Hotel, also in London.
Dandelyan: the best bar in the world
Looking towards London's South Bank and St. Paul's Cathedral, next to the mighty City (where the biggest stop in his audience is sure) Dandelyan welcomes the work of the pioneers of the cocktail bar Ryan Chetiyawardana and Iain Griffiths. Decorated with pink, green and golden colors, and with a relaxed atmosphere, its great strength lies in the cocktail menu, "a liquid exploration of the human adaptation of the fauna and flora to our digestive system."
Paradiso: the best bar in Spain
The Paradiso bar, in the El Born neighborhood in Barcelona, it has entered directly to position 37 of the list, despite having only been open for two and a half years. Hidden behind a bar fridge from pastrami -un props which has impressed the jury of the prize- "a wooden bar is hidden, in copper tones, which exudes warmth".
The place, says the jury, has a ambitious drinks menu produced by Giacomo Giannotti in which you bet on author cocktails. "The menu is full of visually striking drinks that require modern techniques," they point out.
One of the hits of the bar is the 'Mediterranean treasure', a cocktail of vodka, sherry, elder liquor and agave syrup that is served in a sea shell enclosed in a pirate chest.
Salmon Guru: the best bar in Madrid
The Salmon Guru bar, in the heart of Madrid (C / Echegaray, 21), is the new commitment of bartender Diego Cabrera, a classic of the cocktail scene in Spain that has achieved with its new commitment to enter the 47th position of the prestigious list.
THE bar is divided into three spaces: the main room is set in the 50s, with almost tropical vibes, the side room is decorated with comics and the back has a touch of Chinese decay, Hollywood style. "It's very nice and drinks tend to be participatory," says the jury.
More Spanish bars between positions 51 and 100
At the bottom of the list, from 51 to 100, we find other Spanish bars. Javier de las Muelas's bar, Dry Martini (in Barcelona), continues to decline in the table since, in 2016, disappeared from the top of the ranking, in which he appeared since its inauguration, in 2009. Now he has to settle for a position 59.Live to the PalateHow to make the three most classic cocktails at home (according to one of the best bartenders in the world)
More answers will be responsible for Two schumucks Y Dr. Stravinsky, both in Barcelona, which enter the list for the first time, in positions 87 and 90, respectively.
The complete list
- Dandelyan, London, United Kingdom
- American Bar, London, United Kingdom
- Manhattan, Singapore
- NoMad, New York, USA
- Connaught Bar, London, United Kingdom
- Termini Bar, London, United Kingdom
- The Clumsies, Athens, Greece
- Atlas, Singapore
- Dante, New York, USA
- The Old Man, Hong Konk, China
- Limantour, Mexico City, Mexico
- High Five Bar, Tokyo, Japan
- Native, Siungapur
- Atlantic Florist, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Attaboy, New York, USA
- The Dead Rabbit, New York, USA
- Oriole, London, United Kingdom
- Coupette, London, United Kingdom
- Himkok, Oslo, Norway
- Speak Low, Shanghai, China
- Sweet Liberty, Miami, EU
- Baba Au Rum, Athens, Greece
- Operation Dagger, Singapure
- Le Syndicat, Paris, France
- Lost & Found, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Employees Only, New York, USA
- Central Station, Beirut, Lebanon
- Scout, London, United Kingdom
- Three Sheets, London, United Kingdom
- Black Pearl, Melbourne, Australia
- Tales and Spirits, Amsterdam
- Linje Uncle, Stockholm, Sweden
- Little Red Door, Paris, France
- HongKong Street, Singapore
- Happiness Forgets, London, United Kingdom
- The Factory, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Paradiso, Barcelona, Spain
- Indulge Experimental Bistro, Taipei, Taiwan
- The Copitas, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Tommy's, San Francisco, USA
- BlackTail, New York, USA
- Candelaria, Paris, France
- Schumann's, Munich, Germany
- Try Trick Dog, San Francisco, USA
- Fifty Mils, CDMX, Mexico
- Swift, London, England
- Salmon Guru, Madrid, Spain
- Buck and Breck, Berlin, Germany
- Benfiddich Bar, Tokyo, Japan
- Lost Lake, Chicago, USA
Images | Paradiso / Dandelyan / Salmon Guru / Dry Martini