When spring begins to give us sunny days, we feel like refreshing drinks, healthy and revitalizing juices and we remember more that food is the basis of our health. That's why today we offer you these seven spring drinks and seven utensils to prepare them easily.
For this purpose we have selected five soft drinks although we have also included two recipes for drinks with alcohol for occasions or celebrations in which you want to include your touch. Juices, smoothies, lemonades, slushies or cocktails, and their recipes, are at your disposal.Live to the PalateAmerican homemade lemonade recipe
Five non-alcoholic spring drinks
1. Green Kale juice with fruits
A large dose of vitamins within our reach, is what we can get with the help of a good cold juice extractor, squeezing fruits and vegetables to get a delicious smoothie or vegetable smoothie like this.
- Ingredients: A bunch of Kale, 3 Tangerines, 60g of fresh Spinach, 2 Carrots, 1 Lime and 500 ml of very cold water
- Elaboration: Ideally, use a juice extractor, either a centrifuge blender or a good turmix that simultaneously extracts the juice and separates the pulp. Carla recommends chewing or cold extraction by pressure as it does not oxidize the juice so much or add temperature. Wash the ingredients well, especially the kale leaves and spinach sprouts and put them in the blender jar. Also add the lime and peeled tangerines and the peeled and chopped carrots into medium-sized pieces. Add the water and crush in several short sessions until you get a smoothie with the perfect texture, without lumps or large pieces. To make the juice more tasty, you can add some ginger, or a pinch of Japanese spices to give it a nice spicy touch. If you want you can strain the resulting juice, but it is preferable to also include the pulp fiber, -or at least a part- in our intake. Serve immediately to enjoy the juice before it rusts. If you have enough, store the juice in a closed glass bottle inside the refrigerator.
Full recipe here
2. Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
A fruit smoothie is always a great choice to cool off or to have breakfast with healthy energy. With the help of an effective glass blender we can prepare all kinds of smoothies and smoothies like this.
- Ingredients: 200 g of Blueberries, 1 Banana, 30 g of Oatmeal Flakes, 125 g of Greek Yogurt, 15 g of Blueberry Jam, 200 ml of Coconut Water, 200 ml of Liquid Whipping Cream, 20 g of icing Sugar and mint leaves and blueberries to decorate
- Elaboration: Wash the blueberries and put them in the glass of an American blender. Add the banana, oatmeal, yogurt, jam and coconut water. Crush until you get a homogeneous mixture, increasing the intensity of the blender little by little so that the blades do not suffer. We pour the mixture into three glasses. We beat the cream, which must be very cold, with some rods (better if they are electric, so we will not have to make much effort). When it begins to take body we add the icing sugar and finish riding. We introduce in a pastry bag and finish the glasses of smoothie with a little sweetened whipped cream, blueberries and fresh mint.
Full recipe here
3. Homemade lemonade, American recipe
A good lemonade is a healthy and refreshing drink that we always like. To prepare it, just prepare a syrup and make a juice, mixing both ingredients in the proportion that we indicate. To serve it you can use a jug, or try these drink dispensers with tap and almost 4 liters of capacity, which we found in Amazon for less than 24 euros.
- Ingredients: 5 lemons, 2 limes, 400 ml of water, 100 g of sugar and the zest of 2 lemons plus 10 ice cubes.
- Elaboration: The fundamental secret of this homemade lemonade is not to use water and sugar mixed with citrus juice but instead prepare a syrup with water and sugar first. By proceeding in this way, the sugar will be perfectly dissolved. That is why you will see that this lemonade is very stable, that even one day after it is prepared, it is still perfectly balanced, without the sugar rushing to the bottom of the jar or " cut "the liquid separating the water from the lemon juice. We put the water and sugar in a saucepan with some lime and lemon rinds and bring to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves. After about ten minutes over very low heat, we will obtain a light syrup, which practically will not have thickened. Let the syrup cool and store it. We will have obtained approximately 450 ml of syrup. To make a jug of lemonade, we put half of the syrup (225 ml) at the bottom of a large jar. We cut the lemons and limes in half and each one we take a very thin slice that we also add to the jar to decorate. We squeeze the citrus juice and pour it on the sugar and water syrup, filling the jar with a little more cold water and stirring slightly. Add the ice and put the jug in the fridge for five minutes to finish cooling before serving.
Full recipe here
4. Moruno-style iced green tea
A teapot that filters, a little time and patience to make the infusion and a few sprigs of mint or fresh peppermint, are the keys to this drink, which in addition to very hot, we can also take cold with this recipe.
- Ingredients: green tea, brown sugar, some peppermint branches.
- Elaboration: Heat water until it boils to clean the kettle. Rinse a couple of minutes and discard the water. Heat water until it boils in a saucepan and turn off the heat. Put a tablespoon of brown sugar and a tablespoon of green tea for each person inside the teapot. Pour some water into the kettle and let stand a minute. Throw water and tea will no longer have bitter notes. Now add the rest of the water that we had boiled that will be approximately 85º and let it infuse. Also add a bunch of peppermint and let stand 4 minutes. Transfer the resulting tea to a jar and let it cool. Serve in a wide glass with 3 ice stones and a sprig of peppermint. You will not forget.
Full recipe here
5. Coffee slush
A good traditional coffee maker is all we need to make this delicious concoction, coffee slush, which It refreshes us, espabila us and above all reminds us that sunny weather is already with us.
- Ingredients: 500 ml of loaded coffee, 60 g of Sugar, 8 ml of lemon juice
- Elaboration: The ideal way to have a good coffee slush is to use loaded coffee, so I start by preparing a good coffee maker fed with a good coffee. If you prefer you can also use soluble coffee and water but I prefer the authentic taste of fresh coffee. While the coffee rises, we heat 100 ml of water and dissolve in it 3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir and let reduce for 5 minutes until you get a syrup or syrup that we mix with the coffee. Add the lemon juice and mix well. We test and rectify sugar. Place the mixture in a tupper or on a tray and freeze it for 2 hours. After that time, we break the ice crystals that will have begun to form using a sharp knife or fork. We return to the freezer and repeat the operation every 30 minutes, until all the contents are small crystals, similar to crushed ice. Each time the color of the mixture will be more golden and less dark. We serve the coffee slushies in tall glass cups that allow us to enjoy the vision of the crystals and optionally decorate it with lemon zest.
Full recipe here
Drinks with alcohol
6. Dry Martini
The Dry Martini is a simple cocktail but it has its complications, as a good iconic recipe. With this set of cocktail utensils that we have found for less than 25 euros and the recipe of the Barman Javier de las Muelas, this classic will not resist you.
- Ingredients: a glass of gin, two strokes of dried vermouth (preferably Nolly Prat or Martini Extra Dry), a lemon twist (optional)
- Preparation: To make this cocktail you need a mixing glass and a Martini glass, which we will have previously put in the freezer. The cocktail shaker Javier De las Muelas gently deposits the glass on a silver tray covered with a cloth of thread, adds an olive (chamomile or Sevillian green are appropriate), and then pouring on the mixing glass filled with ice cubes a glass of frozen gin and two strokes of the dry vermouth. Stir all this gently for 15 seconds with a spoon, stir it for two more seconds and serve it in the cup. After a twist or not of lemon peel, the guests are allowed to take their cup from the tray.
Full recipe here
7. Classic sangria
Sangria is one of the drinks that most identify with our country. The mixture of wine, soda and fruit is an infallible mixture that we always like. With one of these elegant jugs that have a filter lid, we can serve it without tripping on the cups.
- Ingredients: 1 liter of Red Wine, 2 Peaches, 2 Oranges, 1 Lemon, 2 Bananas, 1 Apple, 60g Sugar, a can of 33cl soda
- Elaboration: To make this typical summer drink, we start by dissolving the sugar in 75 ml of hot water to form a syrup and which will facilitate its dissolution in the wine. In a large bowl or large bowl, put the wine and syrup and add the juice of an orange stirring to mix well. We peel the fruits and cut them into small pieces, which will facilitate their subsequent maceration. We do that operation with all except the other orange that we do not peel but we cut into segments or half slices. We put all the pieces of fruit in the bowl with the wine and add the juice of a lemon and a cinnamon stick, letting it rest for two to three hours for maceration. Once we have macerated our potion, it turns into a transparent jug and the sangria is served accompanied by some ice cubes, adorning if you want with a long orange peel as ornament. If desired, a sugary carbonated carbonated drink or an orange or lemon soda can be added, although it should be added at the time of serving to conserve its gas and not at first because it slows down the maceration. It is usually served in glasses or large glasses with some fruit that can also be eaten.
Full recipe here
Relaxdays - Drink Dispenser 3.5 L, Glass, Faucet, Retro Juice dispenser Gastro, Vintage Lemonade Garden Party dispenser, TransparentToday in amazon for € 17.93
JCPKitchen Borosilicate Glass Jug with Cap and Nozzle - 2 liter Jug of Cold and Hot Water with a Unique Diamond Motif, Beverage JugToday in Amazon for € 27.99
Bialetti Moka 4 Cup Coffee Maker, AluminumToday in Amazon for € 26.28
Aicok Cold Pressed Blender, Total Vegetable Fruit Blender with Wide Mouth 75MM, Slow Silent Motor Juicer and High Preservation in Nutrients Vegetable and Fruit BlendersToday in Amazon for € 93.99
Moulinex Blendforce Cristal LM430110 800W glass blender, 4 blades with ice pick function, 3 speeds, easy cleaning and 1.75 liter heat-resistant glass jugToday in Amazon for € 49.99
Cocktail Shaker, 12 Piece Cocktail Set (Cocktail Shaker, Bar Spoon, Strainer, Hand Mortar Mixer, Bottle Pour, Ice Tongs Tongs) Professional ShakerToday in Amazon for € 24.99
Glass Teapot With Filter and Shiny Stainless Steel Cap XAGOO 1500MLToday in amazon for € 17.61